Thursday, September 3, 2009
Something About me
Hi everybody, as u know, my name is Jiancheng and u can just call me George which is given by my father. I come from Dalian, a morden and pretty coastal city in China. I have been in America for about 2 years and this is the thrid year. I spent the past two years studying in a private high school called Newman School in Boston. Boston is a city that much larger and booming comparing with Urbana-Champaign. If u had ever learned the American History and I believe u did, Boston is a city has tons of history, such as the May Flower Contract, Harvard University and Boston Tea Party. Also, I guarantee that if u are new to Amercia and wanna travel around the country. Boston must be on ur list. Almost forget the food in Boston. As we all know, Boston is famous for its lobster, but I would say that any food is fantastic. No matter you like European, Mexican or Asian, you can find nearly everything you need. I am getting hungry... Let's change a topic, lol. My high school is really small due to the limited space and the special location which is in the downtown Boston. As a result, there are only approximately 50 students in my Graduate Class. Although the students group is not as diverse as UIUC's, we get our advantage. There are around 10-20 students per class instead of a class with 700 students (Economics 102) which it seems like that I would never know most of my classmates with such a huge number of students. Now let's talk about my living. I lived in a homestay with my host-mother and other 4 international students; probably the time I spand with them is the most memorable period so far. Maybe I will just stop at here today despite I still have many many words to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're right, George! I can't agree with you more. Boston is one of the most gorgeous cities in the U.S, so I think everybody needs to visit there. But hope you also can enjoy your life in Champaign. :D
ReplyDelete