In our lives, we have to make a decision before we do anything; we make all kinds of decisions. It can be as small as whether move a little bit or as big as whom do you want to marry. However, sometimes we can not predict what will happen and the result caused by our decision. But let us think carefully before we make a decision and never regret after we make the decision.
The thing happened when I was in second grade in primary school about 8 year old. On my mother’s birthday party, my mother’s sister gave my mother a violin toy as present. After the party, I kept playing with that violin toy all the time and never let it go out of my sight. Then mother asked me if I want to play the real violin. As curious and naive, I immediately agreed, and I dreamed that one day I could stand on the stage as other violinists. Since then, I started my music life. My mother found a violin teacher and I had class at his home once a week. At first, everything was fantastic. He taught me how to hold the violin and the bow in the right position, how to read and write the stave and I did not have too much homework to do.
However, as the order of the nature, the deeper I learned, the harder it was. The practice of a single piece becomes really boring. As a child, I had no difference with others who long for playing. I began to be sick of playing violin and my violin dream no longer exists at all. What was worse, when I did not well play a homework piece, my teacher would use his bow to hit my leg as punishment. At that age, I did not know that a teacher should not use any body injury ways as a punishment. But it was a kind of Chinese traditional way of punishment. I had this kind of class for about one year. Finally, one day, during the class, after the punishment of not doing any homework, I broke down. I broke my bow with the greatest anger I had ever experienced. I made this decision. I gave up.
I just simply felt so happy that I did not need to practice violin any more. I was too young to consider more deep as later I did. After many years, I was about fifteen years old when I was in 8th grade. Our school staged a New Year celebration. There was one show that a student playing a beautiful, gorgeous and fantastic violin piece. Maybe he was not that professional, but in my eyes, he was and he aroused not only my childhood memory with the violin but also my feeling, the feeling about regret. I did not tell my mother anything about it and there was no need. Deeply in my heart, I knew that there was something which I would never get the second chance to do.
I gave up practicing violin. No matter whose fault was. I was the person who made the decision. I understood how important was making a decision and I made a decision that I would never regret of any decisions and I thought carefully before I made this decision.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yup, you're the one in charge of every single decision whether it is big or small in your life. Everybody sometimes regrets what s/he did, and there's no one that never regrets anything in one's life. However, as you said, regretting is not helpful at all, but in the meanwhile people have to come up with a positive plan B that could minimize one's faults or mistakes. I think you did learn a very valuable lesson yourself, and I hope the lesson helps you make a wise decision in the future.
ReplyDelete